THE BEST OF THE BEST IS IN MIGRANT
- HIV prevention, aimed at the population of injecting drug users and sex workers in the western area of Puerto Rico 18 years of age and older, at high risk of acquiring and/or transmitting HIV.
- Our mission is aimed at reducing the incidence of HIV infection and sexually transmitted infections in the population of injecting drug users and sex workers residing in the western area of Puerto Rico.
- Our vision is to implement excellent prevention services that are accessible to our customers and at the same time flexible and dynamic, ensuring quality of service.
- Our goal is to provide high quality services that contribute to the social well-being and health of our participants.
- Case management in risk reduction
- FREE distribution of prevention material (regular, oral, female condoms)
- FREE syringe disinfection equipment
- Support services: detoxification, medical services, mental health and others
- Link to treatment for people with HIV
- HIV risk reduction intervention at the individual and community level
- Distribution of Narcan
- Guidance on the use of Narcan to treat opioid overdoses
- Washing machines and dryers
- Health services
- HIV test result in 20 minutes
- Case Management / Patient Navigation Counseling / Guidance
- Community PROMISE (Intervention of behavior modification)
- Primary Physician
- Health Educator
- Mental Health
- Treatment of HIV / AIDS patients
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Rehabilitation Programs
HIV prevention services for drug users and injecting drug users:
Nuevo Horizonte Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Nuevo Horizonte Physical Address - Ave. Dunscombe #191, Mayagüez, PR 00681