UNDERSTANDING / SUPPORT / RESPECT / INTEGRITY / WELL-BEING
- CARIB, attached to Migrant Health Center, Inc., welcomes the LGBTTQI+ community to promote health and improve the quality of life of men who have sex with other men (MSM) and transgender people. We proudly provide essential and specific services to prevent HIV and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Everyone is welcome to receive our services. They will be free for the MSM and trans community older than 18.
- CARIB, a word of indigenous origin, motivates the project's name. In its acronym, there is a message of inclusion and empathy, which are the basis and reflection of the values of the project: Understanding, Support, Respect, Integrity, and Well-being.
- Our mission is to offer services focused on preventing HIV and STIs, emphasizing the populations of men who have sex with other men (MSM) and trans, and promoting a better quality of life in them.
- Our vision is to establish bonds of support and equality so that MSM and transgender participants enjoy accessible services, free of discrimination, culturally sensitive, and avant-garde in the face of changes in health care.
- The goal is to reduce the risk and incidence of HIV and STIs and increase access to treatment in the MSM and trans population older than 18 in the western region of Puerto Rico.
- Age: 18 years or older
- HIV Prevention Guidance Rapid HIV Test
- Education on safer sexual practices
- Distribution of prevention materials (Lubricants, regular condoms, condoms for oral sex)
- Community Outreach
- Service Navigation
- Hormone treatment for trans patients
- Psychological Services (Individual Service, couple, family)
- Psychiatric Services
- Hepatitis B Vaccination
- Hepatitis C Testing
- Support Groups: LGBTTQ+ and Trans Collective
- Internal referrals to multidisciplinary medical services at Migrant Health Center, Inc.
MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY
Migrant Health Center, Western Region, Inc. (MIGRANT) and its Mayagüez Betances clinic are committed to helping every patient who needs it. This is why we have prepared this totally private and confidential way for you. Our staff will call you to inform and educate you about our services and the best one that suits your needs. We are here to help youMAKE AN APPOINTMENT
CARIB Project Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
CARIB Project Physical Address - Ave. Dunscombe #191 (Frente al Estadio Isidoro García), Mayagüez, PR 00681